I'm looking for something...
- Appalachian Trail - Bake Oven Knob
- Appalachian Trail - Pinnacle and Pulpit
- Belmont Plateau
- Bombay Hook National Wildlife Refuge
- Boxer’s Trail at East Fairmount Park
- Brandywine Creek State Park
- Centennial Arboretum
- Elk Neck State Park
- Evansburg State Park
- Graffiti Pier
- Green Ribbon Trail
- Hawk Mountain Sanctuary
- John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge at Tinicum
- Lums Pond State Park
- Palmyra Cove Nature Park
- Peace Valley Park
- Pennypack Park
- Pennypack Preserve
- Ridley Creek State Park
- Rolling Hill Park
- Saunders Woods Preserve
- Schuylkill Center for Environmental Education
- Sourland Mountain Preserve
- Ted Stiles Preserve at Baldpate Mountain
- Trexler Nature Preserve
- Tyler State Park
- Valley Forge National Historical Park
- Wawa Preserve
- Wharton State Forest
- White Clay Creek State Park
- Wickecheoke Preserve
- Winslow Fish & Wildlife Management Area
- Wissahickon Valley Park
Let's go hiking
Cities are great, but if you’re like me, sometimes you want to see a little wildlife (pigeons don’t count). You probably know about the Wissahickon and Pennypack, but there are lots of wild places to explore. Philly Day Hiker is my attempt to catalog them.
Each destination here is within a 90-minute drive—or, when directions are available via GoPhillyGo, within a 90-minute bike and transit ride! For each spot, you'll find:
An interactive map. If I located something awesome—ruins, bald eagle nests, etc—I’ve pinpointed it with a gold marker. Just zoom in.
A quick review of each destination, to pass on anything useful I've learned. These reviews are by no means comprehensive (my legs would give out if I tried to hike everything here).
A picture of the official trail map, if one exists. Save it to your phone before you head out!
Want to get in touch? You can:
- Find me on twitter at @phillydayhiker
- Discover new tips with our (not too frequent, I promise) newsletter
- (I'm Lauren, by the way. Hi!)
Thanks for your support!
Wanna help cover our hosting costs and map licenses? You're the best! We accept small tips via PayPal.Go back